Sunday, March 4, 2012

Universal gear combination for Bridal Path

Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!

After experimenting for a while, I decided that Granny and Second Biggest rings on a 9 speed cassette is the combination that can be used on any stretch of the Bridal Path.

Two Exceptions where I would use the Middle upfront and the Biggest in the back:
-Entry point to Suicide Connector (going west) and
-The entrance on Bridal Path by the golf course by the fence (going west)

March 29, 2012 update: I can use the Granny and the Second biggest ring in the back EVERYWHERE on BRIDAL PATH NOW. My knees are saying thanks...

For increased cardio workout, I would use Middle chainring upfront and the biggest one in the back for the entire trail.