Saturday, December 17, 2011

Brake lever position and seatpost remote

Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!

I placed the brake in such a way in relation to the grip so I could use only one (index) finger for braking. You don't want to lose grip on something rough and that's what the other fingers are for- to wrap the handlebar!

As to the telescopic seat remote. I mounted it on the right. This is a very debatable point on the Internet. Why it works for me? I normally decide to drop the seat before I start descending. I also use the front brake more to control the bike speed while descending. I want to have a good hold on my front brake and not to worry about getting distracted with dropping the seat with my left front braking hand.