Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bridal Path Suicide connector (towards Fisherman's trail)
















Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!


I never thought I could do this...

This is the beginning part of the Suicide Connector. I was quite comfortable doing the first part of the line but the second (almost vertical line on the picture) was impossible for a while...
Today I did it! The gear: middle ring up front, second biggest at the back (it did not work with the third biggest at the back, I ran out of energy and was spinning on the last root, sometimes too much torque is bad too)
Weight distribution: 70% legs, 30% seat
Tire pressure: around 20-22PSI (tubeless)
This is probably the easiest line but for those who just start, I highly recommend!

Attached is another picture of the hardest part of this line at the very top. It is not very steep and the pictures make it look easy, but when you are there, it ain't easy at all and on a second thought it is.... bit steep.