Friday, December 16, 2011

Riding in the rain


Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!

I rode today in wet rainy weather. And last time too and next time as well...
I can't even think what it would be like without the following things that are crucial for riding in wet conditions for me:
  • Tubeless converted tires (Stan's rimstrips and sealant)
  • 28 or so PSI tire pressure (I am 240 lb)
  • March 4, 2012 correction: I ride with 20-22 PSI now
  • Maxxis Minion EXO DHF 2.5 (both front and back)
Practically no side-slipping on wet roots! Very predictable lines and riding.

December 31, 2011 update:
I find myself riding with 20-22 PSI now as 28 seems way too much for such conditions. I even deflated the tires a bit to achieve the lowest possible pressure without hitting the rim.