Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dynamic riding

Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!

What I understood about North Shore riding is that it is a very dynamic process. I find that I constantly do little things based on the terrain situation that are not always noticeable from the side:
  • shifting back and forth
  • slightly pulling up on the handlebar with coordinated push on a pedal
  • lowering and raising the seat
  • switching to the appropriate gear to accommodate the terrain situation
  • leaning the bike
  • putting more weight in different places
  • lifting from the seat (60%-40% weight distribution or so) or standing altogether
  • doing or not doing many other things that I should or should not
Conclusion? I will take classes from Endless Biking!