Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rolled ankle

Disclaimer: These tips are for the blog author, pls seek professional instruction as this sport may be dangerous!


My ankle.....ouch!

When I just started riding, I rolled my ankle several times when performing an "emergency dismount". A typical case is:
  • your bike hits an obstacle, then you jump off the pedals, then you lend with one foot on a root or some other uneven surface, then your foot rolls and you twist your ankle and most likely fall sideways dragging onto yourself the invisible blanket of humiliation...and your bike
  • With the injured ankle you do it again and it hurts again! ...but more!
The tip that works for me:
  • I try to place the HEEL of the foot on the ground first! Simple but truly miraculous solution to prevent ankle rolling and/or getting re-injured.